EndangeredEmoji.com always encourages in-person human interactions and connections, but we know that people may sometimes need to communicate solely through their electronic devices. When we talk face to face, it is easier to go deeper into stories and explanations, but with texting, that is harder to do. Because of that, we have filled this list with shallow, funny, and sometimes just silly questions. Wouldn’t you agree that we sometimes need a little more playfulness in our lives?
It is easier through texting to share content, photos, short experiences, music, apps, posts, etc., so most of these questions can be answered by sharing these types of things. This stuff can show our interests to others and can easily be done through texting and private messaging. So, don’t worry about being deep as you do this. These questions encourage you to just be playful and keep it light.
Best Text Conversation Starters for a Girl or Guy
So pull out your phones, choose an old friend or your SO, and get ready to ask the questions that will entertain you both for a long time! I hope they make you smile. Enjoy!
Texting a Girlfriend or Boyfriend | Texting a Long-lost Friend
Texting a Girlfriend or Boyfriend
1. What is your go-to vine compilation?
These days, some of the best forms of entertainment can be found on the internet.
2. Where’s your favorite takeout place?
The best way to break the ice is with some good food and casual conversation.
3. What song do you have on repeat right now?
The song someone tells you they’re listening to often says a lot about the impression they want to give.
4. What’s your favorite movie?
If you’re thinking of hosting a movie date, this would be good to know beforehand.
5. Do you have a go-to joke?
Everyone deals with awkward situations differently. We here at EndangeredEmoji.com believe awkward humor is the best way to go.
6. What TV show has the best intro song?
Is it Friends? Big Bang Theory? Some Buffy the Vampire Slayer heavy metal?
7. What is the scariest object you think you could get away with taking on an airplane?
Some haunted nail clippers, for instance?
8. Share with me all of your deepest, darkest memes.
Some real deep, intellectual bonding right here…
9. Do you have any good app suggestions?
Everyone gets bored on their phones sometimes.
10. What’s the best photo you have on your camera roll right now?
Whether they take this question literally or jokingly actually says a lot about them.
11. What’s the worst text or email you unintentionally sent someone?
Whether it’s an unprofessional message to a coworker or a hilarious spelling error in your email to the professor, we’ve all been there.
12. If you had an unlimited amount of money to buy anything right now, what would it be?
And do NOT say invest, because we all know no one really wants to do that.
13. Send me all the best dumb pick-up lines you’ve ever heard.
Pick one, and then turn around and use it on them at a later time.
14. What unrealistic movie do you wish could be real?
Get talking about fandoms and fantasy, and you won’t ever have nothing to talk about ever again.
15. Do you know of any hidden gem bands, artists, or authors?
Consuming art is what we humans are best at, and you can bet that your partner probably has some excellent taste up their sleeve.
16. What do you love/hate the most about your phone and phone culture in general?
I mean, besides the fact that I get to text you… *wink wink*
17. What’s something popular that annoys you?
Trends are just that: trendy. They get old and shrivel up and die, just like the rest of us.
18. What do you do for exercise?
Do they go to the gym? Have their own gym at home? Use Youtube? Or play sports? This may lead to an excellent follow-up question… wanna workout together sometime?
19. What are some things on your bucket list?
Skydiving? Doing an Ironman Triathlon? Great way to see what is important to them.
20. What were you obsessed with when you were a kid?
Every one of us had a Disney/Nickelodeon celebrity crush, a certain TV show, or a boy band that we literally cried over.
Texting a Long-lost Friend
1. When the weather is beautiful, what do you like to do outside?
This is a great way to get some ideas about what you could do. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to ask to hang out.
2. What do you like most about your job?
This can get them to open up and talk about things that are happening currently to them, instead of just reminiscing together.
3. What is your favorite food to eat?
Maybe their taste buds have changed since the last time you talked to them.
4. What’s a semi-controversial opinion you have?
There’s no better way to rekindle a long-lost friendship than to dive straight into the hard stuff.
5. What’s one of your pet peeves?
Everyone loves to talk about themselves, so this is a sure way to keep the conversation going.
6. What’s something you never leave behind when you leave the house?
You might be surprised by the useful types of things you never even knew you were missing.
7. Where is the worst place you’ve been stuck for a long period of time?
Exchange some hilarious, cringeworthy stories.
8. What trends did you follow when you were younger?
Looking back on the similar childhood phases you went through is the best way to get back on familiar terms.
9. What would you consider yourself to be the best at?
The more opportunities you give them to talk about themselves, the longer the conversation will last.
10. What websites do you visit often?
Does Google count?
11. If you could time travel, what time period would you like to visit?
Make sure you know your history.
12. Do you have any fun plans for this weekend?
You could get some good ideas and maybe ask to join them.
13. What hobbies do you have?
Great way to see what they are up to.
14. What was a vacation you really enjoyed?
Were they adventurous rock climbing? Or laying at the beach all day?
15. What do you do to alleviate stress?
It’s good to share relaxation tips.
16. Where’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been to?
Maybe share some travel tips while you’re at it.
17. Would you rather travel alone or with friends?
The best way to plan your next BFF vacay.
18. Do you have a personal passion project that you’re working on?
This is a great way to catch up on each other’s lives.
19. Who is your role model?
This type of question easily paves the way to some more in-depth conversation.
20. Do you have anything planned this weekend?
There’s a chance you could meet and catch up.