Are you ready for some deep, serious conversations? Are you confident that you can ask these questions of the person you are with?
I usually try to provide you with more light-hearted questions, but that is not the case here. These questions are for those of you who are ready to take your relationship with someone, whether platonic or romantic, to a more profound level of understanding. Some of you like “gettin’ real” with your issues or your past, but if not, you may want to see another list we provide. There are plenty of other less serious lists of questions we have provided for you on our other articles. On the other hand, if the questions here aren’t enough for you, you can also find more deep questions in our other lists, like “Best Deep Questions to Ask a Girl” and “Best Deep Questions to Ask a Guy“.
Best Deep Conversation Starters
Please use this list as a jumping-off point to help you discover new things about the person you are asking. Follow-up questions are a must with these deeper conversations. Remember, though, that you can always skip to a more comfortable topic with the following links if something here is too heavy for either of you.
Future of the Human Race | Societies and Cultures | Human Nature | Life and Death | Emotions | Personal Questions
Future of the Human Race
1. Do you think it’s a good idea to colonize other planets?
2. How would you like to see the world develop in the next 25 years?
3. What stops humans from working together?
4. What is something that we all have to learn to accept as a fact of life?
5. What should be the goal of humanity?
Societies and Cultures
1. What do you think makes people happy?
2. Do you think a person’s name affects them?
3. Do people have an obligation to help each other out? Or should people be responsible for themselves?
4. What are the important factors in maintaining a well-functioning government?
5. Is freedom of the press essential to have a healthy society?
6. What is one thing you think society could do without to become better?
1. What is the best relationship advice you have been given?
2. How do you think people earn trust?
3. Are humans better at creating peace or conflict?
4. Is there ever a time that giving up is the best solution?
5. Can culture change human nature?
6. Is it worse to fail at something or never even try?
7. Do you believe most people believe in karma?
Life and Death
1. Are some lives more valuable than others?
2. What does a person’s life look like if they are living it to the fullest?
3. If you could choose to know when and how you would die, would you like to know?
4. Is taking a life ever right to do?
5. What does a happy life include?
1. Does having a positive attitude help situations?
2. What is the worst emotion to have?
3. Are people naturally happy, or do they have to work at it?
4. What is the best emotion to have?
5. Do you think animals experience emotions?
1. Is there something you miss about being a kid?
2. What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
3. What one event has changed your life?
4. What are some characteristics of people you admire?
5. What is something you are proud of?
6. If you were to give yourself three challenges right now to grow, what would they be?
7. What are some positive things you have learned from your current job?